No matter what age you are, oral hygiene is important to keep your smile bright and healthy for life. By practicing this at home and scheduling regular dental visits, this can be an easy way of preventing dental issues.
Here are a few tips to help you prevent plaque build up and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with a sore bristled toothbrush. Use fluoride tooth paste for food particle and plaque removal. Brush the top of your tongue for extra food particle and plaque removal and fresh breath.
- Floss at least once a day. Mouth wash helps as well to kill bacteria and freshen breath. These two work together to reach places your toothbrush may have missed.
- Try to eat a nutritious diet to keep your smile bright and healthy. Avoid extra sugary treats.
- If you play sports, ask your dentist about a mouth guard fit to your mouth.
- Schedule routine cleaning a every six months with your dentist.
Brushing and flossing instructions:
- Place toothbrush to your gum at a 45 degree angle.
- Brush in a circular motion with gentle pressure.
- Brush in front, behind, and top or bottom of teeth.
- Wind about 18 inches of floss around finger.
- Use thumbs and for fingers to guide about 1 inch of floss between teeth.
- Gently slide floss back and forth over gum, between teeth and make a C shape against one tooth.
- Repeat with every tooth.
If it has been over 6 months since your last visit to the dentist, contact us to schedule an appointment http://floridacitydental.com/contact-us/.